Flyers are a great way to promote the opening of a new business, or upcoming promotions and events. We’ve previously given ideas for printing flyers from PosterMyWall in our feature focus ‘Make and Print Flyers for Free’. Today we’ll give some ideas on how to use PosterMyWall as a tool to design and print free Business Flyers.
When to Use a Flyer for Your Business
You can have too much of a good thing and the same applies to an attractive flyer for a small business. It’s important to know the right time to design and distribute a business flyer. A few key events that you may want to promote using flyers are:
- The opening of a new businesses
- The opening of a new outlet for an existing store
- Introducing a new product or service to your customers
- Upcoming sales or special events
Remember that a flyer is best used when it can be distributed for promotional purposes. Avenues for distribution include positioning it near the cash counter, placing it on a community bulletin board or even asking supportive members of your supply chain to display it for you. Use your best judgment on where your customers are most likely to see, notice and remember your flyer.
Making an Effective Flyer for your Business
You don’t have to go to an expensive print company to make a professional looking flyer for your business. There’re a few very simple points that will help you design a highly attractive and specialized flyer for your next event.
- Make sure that the name of your business or store is at the very top of the flyer. The name must be written in a clear, large sized font.
- The purpose of the flyer should be the second most obvious text in your design. The font should be approximately half the size of the name of your business.
- Key messages should “hop out”. Think of your flyer like a billboard that viewers will pass at highway speeds. Don’t lose your message on a busy background. A good test is to hold the flyer at arm’s length and squint. Are your key messages the main thing you see? If not, you need to make the messages standout more.
- Contact information should definitely be mentioned in a discrete but visible corner of the flyer. Font size should range from 12 to 16. This should be clearly visible but not distract people from the first two points.
- Finally, a professional yet eye-catching background should be used to grab people’s attention. We have a whole collection of backgrounds which are free for use. Check out some of the one’s listed below, or view the whole collection of flyer backgrounds. Click on a background thumbnail to get started with your flyer.
Announcement Flyer Backgrounds
Sports Business Flyer Backgrounds
We have a lot more sports themed flyer/poster backgrounds, check out the entire collection here.
Party/Bar Business Flyer Backgrounds
Travel Business Flyer Backgrounds
Music Business Flyer Backgrounds
There are lots more music themed flyer/poster backgrounds here.
PosterMyWall Tools for Creating a Business Flyer
With PosterMyWall, you don’t even have to find a business flyer template to get you started. Here are a few powerful tools we provide to make the process as easy as possible.
- Take a look at the ready-made backgrounds we have in our library. This is the ideal starting point for your business flyer.
- Visit our Facebook Fanpage to exchange ideas with other professionals.
- Take a tour to familiarize yourself with PosterMyWall and the options that it provides.
If you’re one of our dedicated fans you know that PosterMyWall provides multiple printing & download options, one of which is free for a flyer quality image. So get started today and make sure to share your business flyer with us when you’re done!