Let’s talk type, and the important role fonts can play when creating a custom poster.
What are sans serif and serif fonts?
- Sans means “without”. A sans serif font doesn’t use small lines at the end of characters (sometimes called “feet”). Popular sans serif fonts include Helvetica, Arial, and Geneva.
- A serif font has “feet”/character lines. The most common serif typeface is Times Roman.
Here are a few do’s and don’ts for using fonts when designing and printing custom flyers and posters.
- Typically, sans-serif fonts are used for headlines because they are generally very easy to read.
- Serif fonts for body copy—especially large blocks of text—are the way to go for a more traditional look and feel.
- You can mix sans-serif and serif fonts, but be selective. Our poster and flyer templates can help with the right balance. In general, two to three different fonts are the maximum you want to use on a single design.
- If your flyer or poster will be extremely large in size, the serif font details may end up being a bit distracting. Keep lines clean by using a sans serif font.
- Generally, the same word at the same type size in a sans serif font is slightly larger and easier to read than a serif font.
When designing your next custom poster, try a couple of different fonts to see how a simple change affects your overall design!
You’ve already decided a custom flyer is a smart way to promote your business.
Now, how do you decide which template to use?
First, we make it easy to get started with our template library. We’ve already done the work of organizing templates into categories. Searching for ideas to promote your bar or restaurant? Then browse from Karaoke, Concert/Band, Party or Bar flyer templates.
Next, think about how you’ll use the flyer. Will it be displayed or posted somewhere in particular? If so, make sure your flyer’s orientation fits the space allotted. Do you need a horizontal or vertical template?
Don’t forget to consider the final size. We offer 4”x6” cards all the way up to 24”x36” posters. Flyers with minimal copy can work great at smaller sizes, whereas larger formats can typically support a bit more text. If you aren’t sure, 7.33”x11” is a solid choice to use.
If you’re like other business owners, marketing your services takes a back seat to day-to-day operations. But getting the word out is the best way to keep customers coming back and new business walking in the door!
Since first priority is running your business, PosterMyWall makes it fast and easy for anyone to use customizable flyer templates to creatively showcase your business, special deals, or upcoming events.
Why use a customizable flyer template?
- Endless options – With 1000s of designed and themed templates available from PosterMyWall, no need to start from scratch. Our team and community of designers have done all the hard work creating attractive and professional looking flyers, so you can get easily get started.
- Flexibility – Templates allow you to change text, colors, fonts, images, and backgrounds. Matching your business colors or brand only takes a few clicks.
- Affordability – It’s totally free to create a custom flyer! If you like it, buy higher quality prints on premium photo paper starting at around $7.50 plus shipping.
Check out our Templates Gallery to begin making your own customized flyer!
Caps unfolded and gowns pressed. Haircuts and nail appointments booked. Final speeches written and rehearsed. Yes, graduation season is upon us. Whether you’re celebrating your precious one’s transition from kindergarten to first grade, or your high schooler’s journey into college, memorialize their best moments with a photo collage. With our Collage Maker, you can make an awesome product that’ll be sure to bring big smiles, and maybe a few happy tears, without too much muss and fuss on your end.
Continue reading Celebrate the graduate in your life with a customized poster!
At Valentine’s Day, few things say “I care about you” like a handmade card. For those of you not handy with doilies, construction paper and scissors – not to mention the glue – our Valentine’s Day templates can be customized into a poster or card with your personal sentiment and photos! Your message and images will be individual and unique — and not from a store!
Continue reading Show Them the Love!
Reveling in the luck of the Irish is fun for everyone! Whether your business is a bar having a bash, a band having a special concert, or a company having a special promotion, a unique poster announcing your event is a must-have!
Take a look at these cool St. Patrick’s Day poster templates, or create your own unique custom poster.
Continue reading Go Green! St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner…
We all have friends who get their photos together, organized and displayed right away, exactly on time for the New Year. If that isn’t your strong suit, try our amazing Collage Maker and see how easy it is to create something special — no artistic talent needed! Whether you want to simply post the collage to share on Facebook, or make a fantastic poster for the family room, you’ll love the end results!
Here are some things you should do to get started with your download, print, or poster right away!
- Take a tour of PosterMyWall and learn about the use of the many tools to make your desired collage a reality.
- Use these easy tools to customize backgrounds or templates.
- Stay on top of the latest deals, contests, and promotions by visiting our Facebook page.
Does the Spanish club have activities coming up? Is the volunteer club looking for help with a project? Get the word out with eye-catching posters that will steal attention when your classmates walk down the halls. It only takes a few minutes to create your publicity using our online poster maker! Our cool backgrounds, text effects, and clipart make your posters pop and will surely help you reach your club’s goals.
Be sure to check out poster templates for school club activities; they’ll help you get a head start by providing a nice layout for you to customize with your message. Continue reading Publicize your School Clubs with a poster!
Prom is approaching quickly for high school students everywhere. You might be in need of ideas for asking someone to prom. They will definitely say ‘yes’ with the creative but classic idea of one or many massive posters asking them to the big dance. Our online poster maker is the perfect tool for creating dazzling, impressive custom posters that will wow everyone who sees. Some options for your poster includes:
- One large poster with their name and the word “prom?”
- Many posters, held up by your friends who are helping you out, that read “Will you go to prom with me?” with one word per poster
- Use of a clever one liner or inside joke that will be sure to win them over
Continue reading Need Help Asking her to Prom?
With February peeking round the corner Valentine’s is just about here. PosteryMyWall can help you spread the word with classy and creative flyer templates for your special Valentine’s Day events or special promotions. We have great Valentine-themed templates to easily make flyers for your upcoming party or dance that will get the buzz going for your event. Check out some sample templates below, or browse the entire collection here.