All families have tons of photos which can be put together into a wonderful photo collage. PosterMyWall has the perfect tool to do this quickly and without any photo editing hassle. You don’t even need to install anything on your computer. Our Insta-Collage Maker only requires you to select photos that you want to include in your collage - it does everything else for you! Check out these beautiful photo collages created and shared by the PosterMyWall community.
Tips for Selecting Photos for a Photo Collage
The first and foremost tip for creating a good photo collage is to remember that a collage has multiple photos in it. This means that when you’re selecting your photos you want to make sure that the focus is on the person rather than the background. You also need to use photos where faces are clearly visible. It’s usually a good idea to use more close-up photos and fewer full body ones.
The minimum suggested photos for a high quality printout is 20. That shouldn’t be too hard with all the family birthdays, holidays, school plays and other events going on throughout the year. If however, you feel that 20 is too much then consider using smaller printing options such as the photo size or the basic free download. Also, if you have a small number of photos try the Poster Maker instead, which allows you to manually layout photos on a canvas.
Techniques for Customizing Your Collage
- One of the first editing options you’ll see in the Collage Maker is selecting photo borders. Play around with border colors and thickness and shuffle the photos at this stage to get the best look for your collage.
- By playing with color themes you can achieve a very artsy look for your collage. This will be the next step before making other, more specific adjustments.
- The next option will be too add a frame to your collage. This is a great way to highlight the title of the photo or even for adding one single image that you want to place emphasis on.
- Finally, you can add highlight photos, text, and clipart on top of the collage. A highlight photo with a title above/below it looks especially nice on aframe in the center of the collage.
Here are some things you can do to get started with your photo collage right away!
- Take a tour of PosterMyWall to learn more about our powerful poster & collage maker tools and review the list of poster print sizes we have to offer. We also allow you to download high-quality images of your poster so that you can print on your own.
- Browse our library of high quality poster backgrounds.
- Stay on top of the latest deals, contests, and promotions by visiting our Facebook page. You could win a free print of your poster!