A lot of our posts contain pre-designed custom posters that you can just take and customize with a single click. Today we thought we’d go over some of the ways in which you can customize a poster so that you can make full use of the features in the custom poster maker.
Replacing a Photo
Many pre-designed custom posters have a number of suggested photos with various effects (like soft edges, rotation, shadows, borders etc.) applied to them. Instead of using the ‘Add Image’ button to upload and replace the suggested photo manually, you can simply:
- Click on the suggested/sample photo.
- Click on the ‘Replace Photo’ option that appears in a palette on the right side of your screen.
Duplicating Text and Photos
A pre-designed custom poster will mostly style photos and text a certain way so that they blend nicely with the poster background. If you want to add more text (or photos … but this technique works best for pieces of text) on a poster that use the same styles as all the other pieces of text on the poster, you can simply duplicate any piece of text by:
- Clicking on a piece of text or photo that you want to duplicate.
- Clicking on the ‘Duplicate’ option that appears in the a palette on the top-right side of your screen.
Change Poster Background
Sometimes you will see a nicely laid out pre-designed custom poster, but when you add your own content the background doesn't really look nice. There’s hope! You can retain everything on your poster and simply swap the background. Simply:
- Click the ‘Change background’ option in the palette on the top-left side of your screen.
- Select a new background from the variety of different background types. You can select either a solid color background, a background with 2 colors faded together, or a professionally designed image background.