Event Promotion Flyers: Setting a Mood with Color
Choosing the right color scheme can play a big role in getting your audience to notice—and respond to—your poster. Did you know colors evoke emotions and feelings? For example:
- Blue: Conjures images of sky and sea, and emotions like comfort, calm and trust.
- Green: Associated with nature, evokes feelings like peace, harmony and even safety (think “green” products).
- Yellow: The color of sunshine and joy.
- Red: Highly visible. Intense. Energetic.
Learn more about color meaning with the Color Wheel Pro.
Create a winning color combination with your next custom event or party flyer with these ideas:
- Apply analogous colors: These are shades of colors that appear side-by-side on the color wheel and always work well together. For example, yellow-green, yellow, and yellow-orange are pleasing to the eye and create a serene or comfortable mood—and ideal choice for a more laid back or casual event.
- Select complementary colors: These are two colors directly opposite each other on the color wheel, such as red and green. Opposing colors create maximum contrast and can be very vibrant. Consider this color concept if you’re trying to get your poster design to stand out from the crowd, or when your event or message is high-energy.
Browse our templates to see different ways colors can set the stage for the mood you’d like to create at your event.